Monday, June 15, 2009

Girls Weekend!

My mom and sister came up to Dallas this past weekend for our annual Girls Weekend in Dallas! :) As much as I love love love my dad and my brother, it's always nice to have a girls weekend because that means lots of SHOPPING can be done without having to drag the boys along! ;)

Friday they met me at the house I'm nannying at this summer so they could meet the three precious girls - and I think they adored them just as much as I do! On the way home we did a drive by of my new school and they both said "very cute!!" Unfortunately, I can't get in the building yet, so they'll just have to come back and visit after I start working. We had lunch at Cafe Brazil and then made the trek to heaven SAM MOON, where we amazingly got out for under $100 - that has GOT to be a record for us! My loot consisted of a new purse, quite a few cute headbands, and a pair of earrings:

Then we saw Up (very cute!), grabbed wine, cheese and snackies at Central Market, settled in on the couch, and called it a night! Perfect :)

Saturday we went to the Dallas Farmers Market! I've been DYING to go for so long! Everyone was giving out samples of the most perfectly ripe, fresh fruits and veggies!

I was in heaven:

Mom and Danielle loved it too!


We came home with a bag of oranges and a bag of nectarines - honestly the best that I've EVER had!! Here's just a small sample:

I will DEFINITELY be going back!!

We did a little more shopping after that in West Village (I bought 2 shirts - oops! :) and spent the rest of the afternoon lounging by the pool! We had dinner at P.F. Changs and then spent the evening watching a movie!

On Sunday, we took a quick walk around the lakes behind my apartment, grabbed Starbucks, and then I sent them on their way. It was a perfect weekend - and I'm glad I'm heading to Austin next weekend so I get to spend time with them again... and with Dad, Ryan, and Audrey too! :)

I LOOOOOOOOVE my family so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment