Ahhhh.... how I love vacation. (But I mean, who doesn't?!) I spent about a week in Rhode Island/Massachusetts with the family doing nothing but relaxing and enjoying life. It couldn't have been more perfect! We spent most of the time at our lakehouse with lots of family coming to visit on and off throughout the day, and we took a day trip to Boston, because I don't know that I've ever done the tourist thing there. Luckily the day we went to Boston turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL 75 degree day because most of the other days we were there were
cold and
rainy! Can't tell you how glad I am that I threw a few pairs of pants and a jacket in my suitcase at the very last minute - I would have been a very miserable girl! I'll save you some time and summarize the trip with pictures. (more pictures on Facebook)
Landed in Rhode Island on a cold rainy day

So happy to spend a week with my sister

Enjoyed phenomenal sunsets over the lake (from the boat)

Warmed up by the fire several nights

...and made S'MORES, of course!!

Reunited with old friends from New York


Visited Quincy Market (Faneuil Hall) in Boston


Walked down to Boston Harbor to see the Tall Ships


And had the annual Desjardins/McGrath clambake at the lakehouse (ICK!!!)




OH, and I learned how to play Guitar Hero on Wii (so much fun!!) and I'm seriously wanting to buy a Wii now...
Hopefully I'll be able to make it back again next year, since I'll have summers off afterall...
I'm headed to Houston this weekend for Darren's birthday party! I'll recap when I get back - it's sure to be a good time!
heyyyy! sounds like you had a lovely time! you always do when you go to your lakehouse! fun pics. :-)
ReplyDeletetell darren i said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
:-)