Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vegas Recap – Part 1!

(Sorry about the messed up spacing in this entry - Windows Live Writer was supposed to make posting easier, but it's been more of a hassle so far. I'll get it figured out for the next post!)
001


Let me just start out by saying that this trip was absolutely everything that I could have hoped for! My first trip to Vegas was a complete success! Lots of money won and lots of memories that will be with me forever! It definitely wouldn’t have been the same at all if I didn’t have the best company I could have asked for! :) There is SO much to write about that I’m going to post in parts or else this will be wayyyy too long, and I wouldn’t even want to bother reading that! Check out Kerri’s recap here!

Saturday

I had QUITE the airport adventure getting to Vegas – it’s way too ridiculous not to share! My original flight itinerary had me going from Dallas to Denver to Las Vegas, with a 4 HOUR layover in Denver (ick!). Upon arrival in Denver, I realized that there was a flight leaving for Vegas about 3.5 hours before mine was supposed to, so I raced across the airport to attempt to jump on that one. The flight was boarding so I figured it was too late – however, when the line went down, the guy was still standing at the door to the gate so I asked if there was any way I could get on and he let me. AND I got an managed to get an exit row seat (which apparently they usually charge an additional fee these days – is anything free anymore??)

I arrived in Vegas about 4 hours before Kerri was scheduled to land, so I debated several options: checking into the hotel early or finding somewhere to sit and relax and wait. After calling MGM and finding out that I couldn’t check in because the reservation was under Kerri’s name, I decided I’d just head over to Kerri’s gate and wait for her there. Who doesn’t love having someone waiting at their gate for them?! I totally miss that part of flying! Her flight was in a different terminal so I took the little tram over… and immediately realized what a terrible mistake I had made! In the process of transferring to the new terminal I had somehow left security and my only option was to go to baggage claim! So, yes, I spent the next 3.5 hours sitting in baggage claim with absolutely NOTHING to do. Sometimes I wonder how I just graduated with my Masters Degree.

Needless to say, I was beyond excited when Kerri finally arrived and we could head to the hotel! We spent a couple hours there figuring out our major plans for the next few days, relaxed a little, and then headed downstairs to have dinner here:

IMG_0004IMG_5150

We had delicious peach martinis and I loooved my salad:

IMG_0009IMG_0016

We decided to go out at Tao (in the Venetian) that night – definitely a good idea! Besides the fact that we couldn’t get away from all of the totally creepy guys dancing on us for more than a second and it was insanely hot and crowded, we ended up scoring some free drinks and had a blast dancing the night away!

045

004

IMG_5163

We stopped for a late-night snack at Studio Cafe in the MGM (which ended up being a terrible idea!) before heading upstairs to pass out in our big fluffy beds!

Our first evening in Vegas was a complete success!! Check back tomorrow for Part 2 – you don’t want to miss hearing about our big payday!

(NOTE: There will eventually be MANY more pictures posted on Facebook. This blog will just have a few pictures to help summarize the trip – I have 400 pics to sort through!!)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a glamorous time so far! Can't wait to hear more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you had a good time before your job begins!

    This is the difference between our ages:
    When we went to Tao, we ate. early. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am STILL laughing about your airport adventure!

    Can we go back yet?!?

    ReplyDelete