After getting home from dinner with some amazing friends last night, I realized that I really wasn't feeling so great. My throat was scratchy, I was starting to feel congested, and my lungs felt heavy. I popped some meds and hoped for the best overnight. Unfortunately, this morning didn't bring a miraculous recovery. I was still feeling about the same this morning, so I downed some Sudafed and Mucinex and headed to work. A few minutes after getting there, I decided I was going to leave at lunch for the day. My body needs rest and I want to be better to run my 9 miler this weekend. I honestly didn't ever think I'd see the day that RUNNING was my biggest motivation to stay healthy... but I love that it is!
My plans for this afternoon include laying low... and maybe I'll do a little bit of work if I get bored.
In other news, I'm proud to report that my letter to the apartment complex, complaining about our refrigerator fiasco last weekend, was fruitful! We will be reimbursed the $150 I requested for the groceries that we lost due to maintenance handling to problem inappropriately. I wish I had demanded more money, because in all honesty we probably threw away much more than $150 worth, but I'll take what I can get. I'm impressed with the way management responded to my complaint. :) Yay for speaking up!
My schedule for the weekend is wide open as of right now. Supposed to run with Rachel tomorrow... so let's hope I feel better!
What's on your agenda for the weekend? I'm also looking to try a new recipe this weekend - any suggestions? I'm thinking about trying sloppy lentils!
Yeah for taking some time off for yourself!
ReplyDelete