Had a lazy Friday night, per usual, and was perfectly content with an early bedtime after a looong week. After a very restful 10 hours of sleep, I nearly bounded out of bed on Saturday morning. It was WARRIOR DASH day!!
I picked up my sister, who volunteered to come cheer us on/take pictures, and headed to meet up with Rachel and Matt. We made it to the "battle grounds" ;) with some time to spare, so we looked around a little bit and eventually headed toward the corrals.
| Love you, sis!! Thanks for coming!! |
I could not believe how much harder trail running is than road running.... nevermind the crazy amounts of slippery slimy mud! You literally have to watch every step you take! The obstacles were FUN and challenging (this girl has no upper body strength!)... you can check them out here.
3 miles later we found ourselves jumping over fire....
And splashing into a gigantic pit of mud! SO MUCH FUN!
We made it - and thanks to my sister, we have wonderful pictures to show for it! You better believe this girl will be there again next year, if at all possible!
| She didn't want to come anywhere close to me at this point... |
I jumped in the shower fully clothed! Let me tell you... it took a LOOOONG time for that water to run clear! ;) When I say there was mud everywhere, I mean there was mud everywhere.
Rachel and I tried out the Chisholm Trail in Plano (p.s. I HIGHLY recommend this trail!) this morning to mix things up a little. We ended up having an excellent run! I felt extremely strong the WHOLE way and could have kept going if we hadn't made it back to the car. Turns out the 9 mile run we planned became a 10.5 mile run! Didn't even realize it until I mapped it when I got home. Definitely redeemed myself from last weekend's rough 9 miles, and definitely got me pumped up for the half... which is just TWO WEEKS AWAY!
Who knows what the rest of my Sunday holds.... Hope you've had a great weekend so far!
so proud of you :) loved being there!
ReplyDelete-danielle