In the mean time, here's a brief recap of what's been going on in my life the past few days:
- Ran 5 miles at the lake on Friday night and experienced the beautiful sunset... then came home and drank a beer and watched a movie. Perfection.
- Our refrigerator broke on Saturday... resulting in immense frustration/anger with the incompetent maintenance staff and the loss of hundreds of dollars worth of groceries. Don't even get me started. I've written a letter to the apartment complex management requesting compensation... and am still awaiting a response. I'll keep you posted.
- Babysat my friends Rachel and Matt's precious baby Taylor on Saturday night... I love babies! :)
- Rachel and I ran EIGHT miles on Sunday (my personal distance record!) despite strong winds and tough hills. It felt GREAT.
- Enjoyed a beautiful lunch on the patio at Gloria's post-run with some refreshing sangria
- And work has been pretty busy... so my days lately have looked like this: get to work early, work too late, work out, eat, sleep, repeat... hopefully I'll get myself caught up so I can spend more time with my friends!!
Gosh, I sound so lame. I promise I'll post something more exciting soon... but until then: try peanut butter and jelly oatmeal! (It's exactly what it sounds like.) It totally made my morning today...yummmmm!
Oh, and... I've logged 127 miles so far in training for this half marathon. Can you believe that?! I think by the time the half rolls around, I'll have accumulated enough miles to cover the distance between Dallas and Austin. Holy frijoles!


peanut butter and jelly oatmeal sounds wonderful. I hope to see you soon! I sure do miss you and all the Early CLASS gals!
ReplyDeleteI agree, that sounds wonderful, where can I get some?
ReplyDeleteMake oatmeal, add peanut butter and jelly :)
ReplyDelete