Here I come! The Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon is on SUNDAY!
When I started training back in January, it seemed so far away... I honestly can't believe that I just completed my last training run! Technically, I'm supposed to run 2 miles tomorrow, but I ran 2 extra miles tonight so that I could have an extra rest day. My left shin has been a little touchy the past couple of times I've run, so I want to ice and rest it to have it in tip-top shape! :)
I started tracking mileage on February 7, when my official Half Marathon training plan kicked in. (I had been running for several weeks before that to build up a little running base.) In 12 weeks, I have logged 189 MILES! All to run 13.1 miles on Sunday. Crazy, no?
I KNOW that I've prepared well for this race (okay... I could have done more strength training/cross training) but I've run nearly every single day that my plan called for. I don't think I've stuck with anything so consistently in my life - and it feels great!
Here's to hoping the rain holds out (despite the current forecast...) and it's not TOO cold on Sunday! Be thinking about me at 6:40am when the gun goes off on Sunday morning! :)
I'M READY!
You will do amazing, good luck!
ReplyDelete