Wednesday, April 22, 2009

sicky-pants

I woke up on Monday morning with a low-grade fever and basically felt like I had been runover by a truck. You know how your muscles feel stiff and tense when you have worked out too much? (Not that I would actually know what that feels like...) Picture having every. single. muscle in your entire body feel like that. It was actually quite frightening! By the end of Monday I had a HORRIBLE sore throat, fever, and was literally so tense that I couldn't even hold a pen to write my name. I self-diagnosed myself with the flu and tried some Oscillo under the advice of one of the sweetest ladies in the world (thanks, KV!) and put myself to bed early... with major difficulty trying to grip my blanket well enough to pull it up and over my head to stay warm!

Tuesday morning was even worse. I didn't even have the strength to sit myself up in bed, so I knew I had to get myself to the doctor. Somehow I trekked up (read: drove very slowly) to the Quack Shack at school, where the NP told me I did not, in fact, have the flu, nor strep, however she put me on antibiotics (for what? I didn't even bother to ask - I just wanted relief!) and sent me on my way with the instruction to return on Thursday if I wasn't feeling better and she would test me for mono. (ICK, no, please, no!) When I got home on Tuesday I hopped climbed like a grandma into bed... and not 5 minutes later was blessed by these soothing sounds outside my window:


Yep - apparently my "day of rest" coincided with the day they decided to put new siding on my building! It literally sounded like they were about to come crashing through the wall! I definitely did not catch the worst of it on tape.

I peeked through the blinds to see how close they really were and snapped this quick picture:
right before making DIRECT eye contact (were talkin' inches away...) with another worker coming down the ladder... yikes!!!

Today I took the day off my internship to spend time recovering. I have a huge test on Saturday and I NEED to be in tip-top condition! Luckily, over the course of today I have started to feel a million times better!!! My sore throat has pretty much vanished and my muscles are finally loosening up! I am sooo relieved... I had actually started to convince myself that I would never have full muscle function again. I had never ever had such extreme tightness/soreness in all of my muscles from being sick.

I have one day left of antibiotic, and I'm poppin' Aleve like candy according to the package directions, so I'm thinking I'll be good to go within the next day or two! Thanks for everyone's good thoughts and well-wishes!

....Now if that doesn't sound like an exciting week, I don't know what does! How's your week been?

(I promise I'll post about the new apartment soon!)

1 comment:

  1. OMG that video is hysterical. i was dying laughing just thinking of you having to try to nap with this noise?! haha glad you are feeling better. i was starting to get really worried. thats why i was sending the hourly text to see how you were feeling. :) love you boo

    ReplyDelete