Thursday, May 7, 2009

Vegas!!

I randomly woke up at 7am this morning out of a deep sleep thinking "I want to go to VEGAS!!" I immediately texted Kerri, who seemed a little confused by my random spur-of-the-moment suggestion, and we're planning on going at the end of the summer!

I've never been (I don't think getting yelled at for taking pictures with your family inside a casino at the age of 9 counts!), I'll be nannying full-time all summer so I should be able to save up plenty of money, and why not?! I mean... I do have grad school loans to pay off, but maybe I'll win big and get them paid off! Yeah right... but one can dream!

So... Vegas, here I come!! So excited to plan it!

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't so confused about the trip, seeing as how we talked about possibly going when I was there last week; I was def confused as to why at 7:30am you were sending me messages about it :-P

    - Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thinking about two casino trips this year... probably one to Coushatta (Lousianna - like 5 hrs from Austin) sometime in the summer. Maybe June/July

    Then we're thinking of doing a Vegas weekend trip in the fall once it cools down a bit. Not sure if you realize, but it's like a desert there. So during the summer day's it's like 110+ degrees outside on the cement... and the casinos are like half a mile apart from each other....nevermind if you want to walk from one end to the other.

    Although....the fact that there's no open container laws definitely make it easy to carry around and knock back a nice cold 12 pack while you make the walk

    ....let me know if you want in on any of our trips. We're always down to go back :-)

    This month marks 12 months (1 full year!!) since my last trip. This is the longest drought I've had since I turned 21.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, definitely keep me posted about both! The problem with the fall is that I won't be able to get off work... don't want to be taking time off to go to Vegas within my first couple months on the job - don't think that'd go over so well. So we'll see! I looked up Coushatta and it's like 6 hours from me, so that's kind of a long drive by myself but I might be able to find someone to tag along. So keep me posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen- I went in the summer and it really wasn't THAT bad! I did walk alot but once you get into the casinos, you cool off fast! Also the pools are so nice!!

    Congrats on your job. That is pretty much the best district to be in. I have a friend over there in the Autism dept!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete