Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gettin' my groove back...

.... or at least trying to!

Can you believe that until this morning I hadn't run since my half marathon?! Yeah... that was THREE WEEKS ago!

I can come up with lots of excuses why I haven't been out there until today, but why bother? The fact of the matter is: I didn't make time to go. When I was training, I had a schedule I needed to stick to and that really pushed me to get out there every day. Now that I'm not currently training for anything, there was no accountability. Maybe it's time for me to sign up for another race?!


After sleeping in 'til 9:30 today, I literally bounded out of bed when I thought about running this morning. For some reason, today was the day! Laced up my kicks, grabbed my iPod and was out the door... pumped to be hitting the pavement again.

Well... turns out when you don't run for 3 weeks, you lose some endurance. Ran mile 1 a little too fast, which lead to 2 short walking breaks in the next 1.5 miles. All in all, 2.5 miles for my first run in 3 weeks is good enough for me!

Not gonna lie, though - it wasn't easy. But tomorrow's another day, and eventually I'll build back up to where 2-4 miles are easy running days. :) Excited to get my groove back!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! Today was my day of recommitment and I got out to the park this morning to kick around the soccer ball, do a bit of sprinting, jogging, etc.. The loss of endurance really hit me. I think I'm going sign up for a race as well - good idea!

    ReplyDelete