Saturday, May 7, 2011

SURPRISE!

Danielle and I successfully surprised our Mom for Mother's Day weekend! :)


We'd been figuring out a plan all week and coordinating with my Dad to make it work. My parents usually go to dinner together on Friday evenings, so we planned to just meet up with them at dinner and surprise her. I raced out of work yesterday afternoon, picked up my sister in Dallas, (fought dreadful Dallas traffic), and were on schedule to make it to Austin by 7ish. We knew my mom had a shower to go to from 4-6 and we were hoping that she would stay the whole time so that my dad wouldn't have to stall her TOO long to go to dinner.


Thankfully, my mom got home around 6:15, they decided to go eat at Olive Garden, Dad texted us the plan from the bathroom ;-), and we ended up beating them to the restaurant! We sat in the car watching for their car... and they drove RIGHT past us and parked about 4 spots down! We got out of the car and ducked down behind the cars between us, waiting. Just as Mom was walking in front of our cars, we walked out and I said "Hey, I know you!"


I SWEAR that for about 5 seconds my mom had NO idea who we were! She was in complete shock/confusion! And then she got really excited! Thankfully! ;-) It was the perfect surprise! Can't wait to spend the whole weekend with my parents!



My mom is the best of the best and she deserves the most wonderful Mother's Day ever! Couldn't ask for a greater role model, supporter, and friend! Love you, Mom!!



No comments:

Post a Comment