My birthday kind of snuck up on me this year. Usually I get really excited about it in the weeks leading up, but
Despite my lack of excitement/planning, it ended up being a great birthday!
The weekend before, I was home in Austin for Mother's Day so we celebrated early as a family... with a delicious dinner at Roaring Fork and homemade brownies and ice cream!
Rachel had all the kids wish me Happy Birthday, which just melted my heart. I love those little munchkins! She also brought cupcakes for us for snack - and since it was my birthday, I indulged. (Biggest Loser Challenge... what??) I also got my annual voicemail from Mom's class singing Happy Birthday to me - always love that cute message! Thanks, Mom!
Since my birthday was on a Monday, and I was going to be out of town the following weekend, I just decided to keep it low-key instead of trying to arrange a big girls night out as I have in years past.
My roomie Ryan came home with a bottle of Champagne (and a Dora birthday balloon!), which we thoroughly enjoyed for a pre- (and post!) dinner birthday toast!
Then my friend Sarah and sister Danielle met up with us at a little mexican place called Banditos. Brisket tacos... *swoon*! And margaritas, you ask? But, of course!
The following Wednesday my team had a birthday breakfast for me and another girl on my team... delicious breakfast and all my favorite birthday treats! I work with some amazing women!
And tomorrow night, Rachel and Matt are taking me out for a belated birthday dinner/drinks!
All I need on my birthday is some of my best friends and family reminding me how blessed I am... So what if my life plan isn't exactly on track? I'm happy, healthy, and loved! And that's all that truly matters!
"To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have."


No comments:
Post a Comment