Sunday, May 22, 2011

Green Hummus!

Oh, Apron, how I've missed you so!


I've been so go-go-go in the past couple of months that I've been neglecting my kitchen. Well, not completely... a girl's gotta eat! However, I've done very little cooking; relying mainly on frozen meals, salads and sandwiches. BO-RING!

This afternoon I embarked on a major, much-needed grocery shopping sesh. (It's probably been a month since I did a full haul, since I've been out of town every weekend for the past month!) I passed the hummus in the produce section, and as easy as it would have been to throw some in the cart and shell out $4 for a tiny container, I decided to concoct some of my own. I've made plain hummus in the past, but today I made a delicious GREEN Hummus.


Cilantro and Green Onion Hummus
(measurements are approximate... I was just throwing stuff in the food processor!)

  • 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • ~1/3 C tahini
  • 3 green onion stalks (?)
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 2 t minced garlic
  • handful of cilantro
  • 1/2 C water
  • 1/4 C EVOO
  • 1/8 C lemon juice


Throw everything in the food processor and blend until smooth. :) Easy enough? Serve with fresh veggies and/or crackers.


It is quite tasty! If you like cilantro, I highly recommend giving it a try. I didn't do the math, but I'm telling myself it was cheaper this way... even if it wasn't, I have A LOT of hummus now! :)

I should have put it in a prettier bowl, huh?

P.S. It's not
necessary to wear a green shirt when making green hummus... but it sure doesn't hurt.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try this! I have had making hummus on my list of things to do!

    ReplyDelete