Monday, May 30, 2011

Massage!

For months now, I've been talking about wanting a massage. Training for / running the Half Marathon had my muscles in all kinds of knots. I openly admit that I am terrible about stretching. I'm also incredibly UN-flexible.

Thankfully, my wonderful sister picked up on my not-so-subtle hints and got me a gift certificate for a 90-minute massage at Massage Envy for my birthday!

I finally scheduled my appointment for Sunday morning.... and I was QUITE pleased with the result. My massage therapist was a tiny little lady, and I was worried that she wouldn't be firm enough, but it was perfect! She also hardly said a word, which was exactly what I wanted. I would not have enjoyed if she tried to talk to me the whole time! Although I did hear her stomach growl a few times when she was standing right by my head!

After laying face-down for nearly an hour (I assume), I realized my nose was starting to run. I didn't really know what to do - my hands were back by my sides! Sooo... I may have just let it drip on the floor! When it was time for me to roll over, I tried to slyly wipe my nose on the sheet. So gross!

She worked really long on my shoulders and legs - clearly a lot of tension in both of those places!

And I experienced a first for a massage - stretching! She had my legs stretching in every direction! A little awkward, but I have to say, she did an EXCELLENT job of ensuring that the sheet was throughly covering my lady bits at all times! And don't worry - I was wearing underwear! ;)

I tried to visually recreate a position she had me stretching in at one point:


Hopefully my face didn't actually look like that - I tried to control my face as much as possible, but MAN, she really stretched me! Had she been someone I knew, I most likely would have been saying 'ow-ow-ow'! But I stuck it out. ;)

Overall - great massage! Don't appreciate how much they pushed me to buy a membership, but I held strong and said "no". I've read a lot of reviews about how HARD it is to get out of their membership packages.

Hopefully I can retain this relaxation through the last 5 days of school. Can't wait for "summer"! I'll be working part-time this summer, but it'll be nice to have a few days off a week!

4 comments:

  1. Hysterical recap of your message...loved the drippy nose bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that massage.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks, Mom! Can always count on you to be an appreciative audience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've still yet to have a personal massage and after hearing that story - I really need to start dropping tons of hints to my loved ones =)

    ReplyDelete