So... new hire inservice starts on WEDNESDAY! As in... 1.5 days! I'm nervous... but I'm also really excited! I feel like I should be doing more to prepare, but I don't even know WHAT I can do to prepare! I've been cleaning my apartment like a madwoman today because it's keeping my mind occupied! Tomorrow I'm going shopping for some more work pants...
Someone tell me what I should be doing!
Here's what you should do: RELAX. It's just a job, and you'll do great. The first few days should be fun and exciting; getting to see what you'll actually be doing in your new life.
ReplyDeleteYou are also now officially allowed to enter the world of happy hours. Previously, you may have thought you were going to happy hours, but that was actually just going drinking.
Now, as a member of the working world, this is what you schedule for 15 minutes after your workday ends so that you have something to look forward to. Enjoy :-)
I know it is crazy. I have a back to school party tomorrow, so I feel like I start up tomorrow at 3:30! I have bought some good ol' school supplies like binders and pens, but that is all I have done!
ReplyDeleteMy situation is different from yours...so I don't know what to tell you. I've been buying all kinds of stuff for my room and making my lesson plans and gathering materials and setting up my room...but public schools buy everything for you and have it all ready for you and hardcore custodians that clean your room each day! For me...I have to take it all into my own hands. ;) Good luck with everything. I'm excited for you!
ReplyDeletewell i'm sure you had your first day of inservice today...hope you survived! hopefully you sat at a table with some other fun kids. if it was like my first new teacher/staff orientation, you probably just sat there and soaked it all in! lol. hope you're havin fun. :-)
ReplyDeletejust think, next year, you won't be the newbie anymore! :-)