Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vegas Recap – Part 2!!

      

The long awaited update!! (Thanks to Kerri's reminder that I hadn't posted this yet!) It’s super long but I hope you’ll read to find out about our big win!

Sunday

We woke up (actually rather early considering how late we were up!) and headed to find discount tickets to see a show that night. We ended up getting pretty good tickets to see Blue Man Group for 7pm because we planned on eating afterward and then hitting up a club that we were on the guest list for that night. We headed off to a 21 and up pool party that we were put on the guest list for at Wet Republic at MGM.

016

We got invited to play water volleyball with this big group of guys and very successfully made complete fools of ourselves! (Note to self: I am a terrible water volleyball player – do not ever try in public again.) It was fun though! And so nice not having kids running around and splashing everywhere!

014015

The sun kind of tired us out, so we headed inside to grab lunch and then we showered to go up to the Venetian and pick up our show tickets. We stopped to play a few slots on the way back in and I managed to win about $50+ bucks! Kerri lost and won her money back, so we called it quits after that. I should have stopped when I was up 70, but they don’t call it gambling for nothing! Check me out playing my first slot machine at MGM… excited much?

IMG_5176

 

Blue Man Group that night was PHENOMENAL! It was much more interactive and funny than I thought it was going to be – they put on a fantastic show! I was amused by how nervous Kerri and I got every time they came out into the audience looking for participants… we had NO desire to trek up to the stage in dresses and heels! (Esp since we had both taken our shoes off during the show because our feet were hurting so badly from walking/dancing in heels the previous night!) No cameras were allowed inside the theater but we captured this one of us before heading in:

018

017

After the show we grabbed dinner at Grand Luxe and then planned to spend a little time gambling before heading to Tabu for the night. We set off to find the infamous horse-racing game at MGM that Audrey (my sis-in-law) is apparently obsessed with. Before I knew it, we had been there for hours and had made friends! Let me try to explain this game… This is what it looks like in action:

021

Can you see the little numbers around the sides? Those are the odds that the pair of two horses listed will come in 1st and 2nd. So each player bets as many quarters as they want on any of the pairs of horses and if those horses win, you get as many quarters as the odds were. Well… the guys that had been sitting there before us had figured out that the horses with 200 odds seemed to be winning about every 2 hours or so. About 30 mins after we sat down would have been about 2 hours, so Kerri and I bet on it and won 200 quarters… which we played off of the rest of the night! We probably only spent about $3 before that win. So we all decided to sit around for the next 2 hours in hopes of winning big. Here we are playing:IMG_5179 020

Eventually (after several failed bets), the 200 hit and we had all decided as a group to place 5 bets on the 200 that time!! You know what that means?! WE ALL JUST WON 1000 quarters - $250!! (Plus the leftover that we already had in the machine!)

023

So many of us bet and won that the whole game overloaded! No one’s quarters would come out and the horses were just running nonstop in circles around the track! We drew a huge crowd while we were jumping around, high-fiving, and screaming! Eventually an attendant made her way over, released 500 quarters for each of us, and brought over cash to pay off whatever we had left in the machine! We were SO excited – and to have ‘casino friends’ to celebrate with made it even better! Here are 500 quarters and some very excited faces :

024IMG_5186

 

And here we are going to cash in the rest of our winnings:

IMG_5190

Check out that loot:

026

We were so giddy after winning that we mistakenly got off the elevator 3 floors too early, and didn’t realize until we had walked ALL the way down the hall and were about to put the key in the door…. oops!

IMG_5193

We went to bed on a high and even woke up the next morning talking about it! Check back for the next entry as we walk the strip, try our hand at the horse racing game again, and find some amazing and unexpected entertainment in Las Vegas!!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha oh I miss Vegas! That game was SO fun! Every time I think about it I smile :) Oh casino friends ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THE PICTURES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete