Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First day of work!

Today was the big first day... of inservice! I guess the first day with kids will be a little more exciting, but today was my actual first day of my first real job, so it's still pretty exciting! I didn't sleep all that much last night, but waking up 30 minutes before your alarm has it's advantages... especially when you didn't plan your outfit the night before:


We just had meetings at our school with the new SLPs/teachers and the principal. There are some REALLY fun girls that I'll be working with so I'm quite excited! Today was relatively boring uneventful since most of the information seemed to be aimed more at teachers... but I did get to see my new office!



Clearly I have some decorating to do so that my tiny little area has at least a little bit of life! I won't be spending all that much time in there, but still... it's my FIRST OFFICE! The girl I share with has been working there for a couple years... but I won't get to meet her until next week, since only new-hires are really working this week.

Tomorrow we'll be at one of the other early childhood schools for a strictly SLP new-hire meeting - that should be MUCH more exciting!

I'm official, guys! Check me out!


(Kinda wish they had let me take a new picture rather than keeping the one from my internship in PISD, but we deal... at least it's a relatively cute picture... I just have really long hair!)

No comments:

Post a Comment