What did I do during Spring Break, you ask?
- I got a new (to me) car when my parents decided to buy my mom a new car and trade in mine instead of hers -- BYE BYE (crappy) Saturn, HELLO Avalon! I'm movin' up in the world!
Not mine... but exactly what mine looks like [Source]
- I completed some incredibly difficult training runs in Austin (I forgot how hilly Austin is compared to Dallas - it was torturous!)... but hopefully the Capitol 10K in Austin next weekend will go well
- I ate at Iguana Grill and Ski Shores overlooking the lakes in Austin - absolutely PERFECT weather this weekend!!
- I saw Limitless - good movie!
- I spent much-needed time with the parentals, sister, brother, and sister-in-law
- I was a lazy bum - because that's what Spring Break is all about! To me, at least.
Check out these cute pics of my mom being surprised by her new car (Dad and I went to the dealership and led Mom on believing negotiations were lasting for hours, when in reality we were able to come to terms pretty quickly, sneak back home to get my car for trade-in, sign all the papers and park it in the driveway... without her knowing. We called her when we got home and told her that she needed to look at something on my car - which she believed to be sitting in the driveway - to help up the trade-in value... and out she came!):
Onward we go... 11 weeks (and 1 day) until Summer vacation... but lots to look forward to in the upcoming weeks! :)

your mom is too cute! What a nice surprise you guys did for her.
ReplyDelete