[Source]I felt much better once my coffee kicked in and the kids arrived. I can't help but smile when I see their eager little faces come charging through the door. I truly love them; I have the best job in the world!
It ended up being a rather good Monday. I bought a cute new running skort at Target this afternoon:
I'm planning to wear it for the Cap10K this weekend and for the Half in May. I need to take it for a test run (literally) or two this week to make sure I like it. Never a good idea to run a race in a new outfit! I hate running in shorts and it's already getting too hot for capris, so this could be the perfect solution. I hope I like it!
I came home and enjoyed a yummy dinner of leftovers on the porch (I love how long it stays light in the evenings!) while I read the latest issue of Fitness. Despite the fact that I was reading a health magazine, I could NOT stop thinking about wanting dessert! I don't keep any sweets in the house so I sat there pondering what I could do.... Fro-yo? Nah, not fun by myself. Bake something? Nah, too lazy. Smoothie? YES!!
I concocted a delicious green smoothie that completely cured my sweet tooth (for tonight!) and left me feeling good from the inside out! This monster contained: unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, a banana, a few frozen strawberries, a few frozen peach slices, two huge handfuls of spinach (I promise you can't taste it!), ground flax, and a little bit of ice.
Perfection. Now I'm shivering under a blanket on the couch :)
How was your Monday?




I wore that skort for the Dash Down Greenville and loved it. Its very comfy and I'm obsessed with the neon color of the shorts.
ReplyDeleteAlso, that monster looks delish.