Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Half Marathon, here we come...



Rachel (one of my best friends/coworker) and I are officially training for the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon on May 1! I had started my training at the beginning of January, however, training has been on hold as a result of this back injury. I'm following Hal Higdon's 10K and Half Marathon training plans as best I can.

We're planning on running the Capitol 10K together in Austin at the end of March, as well. I'm also considering the Dash Down Greenville on March 12th if anyone is interested!

The half marathon will be the farthest I've EVER run, so I most definitely need to stay on top of my training to stay injury-free!! Can't wait to achieve this amazing milestone with one of my best friends!! I wonder if on the day of the race I'll be sharing sentiments with this shirt:


I'd really like to raise money or something for some kind of cause (don't know what yet)... however I have no idea how to even go about that. If you happen to have any knowledge in the area, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment