Stuffed Portabellas
You will need:
- 2 Portabella mushrooms
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles (drained)
- 1/4 C + 2 T Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Use a wet paper towel to wash mushroom caps. Remove stem and use a spoon to gently remove gills. Brush the each mushroom cap lightly with olive oil.
3. In a small bowl, combine Rotel, mozzarella cheese, garlic and 1/4 C Panko bread crumbs.
4. Fill each mushroom cap with half of the tomato mixture.
5. Sprinkle ~ 1T of Panko on top of each mushroom.
6. Bake at 350* for approx. 10 minutes and then broil for 3-4 minutes until bread crumbs begin to turn golden brown.
Kale 'Chips'
You will need:
- fresh Kale (I used ~1/4 of a bunch)
- Kosher salt
- cooking spray
- grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Ketchup (optional)
1. Tear Kale leaves from stems into bite size pieces. (However much you want... it shrinks down drastically as you cook it)
2. Wash and THOROUGHLY dry Kale.
3. Add Kale to a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Lightly mist Kale with more cooking spray.
5. Sprinkle (lightly) with Kosher salt and cheese, if desired.
6. Bake at 350* for approx 8-10 minutes until Kale begins to brown around the edges and feels crispy.
Serve with Ketchup for dipping.
The whole meal only takes 15-20 minutes to prepare and cook, but I promise it'll only feel like 10 if you drink a glass of wine while you cook. :)
It clearly tasted terrible. ;)
I can't remember where I first read a similar recipe for Kale but I've been wanting to try it for so long. This recipe was DELICIOUS! They have the same crunch as potato chips but deliver SO many nutrients with far fewer calories. Definitely a must-try!
(I apologize for my terrible picture quality.... it's the best I can do with a point-and-shoot. And I also wish I had prettier plates.)

Recipe looks great, and so do your pics!
ReplyDelete