I am SO ready to get back to work! The past 5 days have been rough, but crucial to my recovery. Five days ago, I was so angry with the doctor for putting so many restrictions on me, but now I'm SO grateful. There is absolutely no way I would have been able to work with the amount of pain I was in. I am so lucky that I accrued enough sick days to allow me to take time off to recover. Yesterday was my first
nearly pain-free day WITHOUT ANY medication. I was able to go to a movie and even run a few errands with Danielle. By the end of the day I was definitely feeling the pain and stiffness starting to return, so I'm going to medicate today to hopefully get myself to 100%. Having an unexpected week off of work
sounds incredible... but unless you're able to enjoy it, it's not at all worth it. As much as I absolutely LOVE my job and my kiddos, I never thought I'd see the day that I found myself LONGING to be at work rather than at home.
Take note:

Things planned for my MLK day:
1. Laundry
2. Dishes
3. Cleaning
...all the things I haven't been able to for the past week. You should see my room - it's a disaster! Everything that's fallen on the floor in the past 5 days has been left exactly where it fell because I couldn't pick it up! :)
I'm THANKFUL for the ability to clean today! What are YOU thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment