Monday, February 21, 2011

Maiden voyage

Wow, it's been a LONG Monday... even though my actual work day was shorter than normal. How does that work?! Sitting in a really slow training all.day.long, that's how. Thankfully, I got a much-needed 3.5 mile run in after work to compensate for sitting in the same chair all day.

My new running shoes have officially taken their maiden voyage(s). I've logged 7.5 miles in the new kicks and I'm happy to report that I LOVE them! My feet are SO much happier... as are my knees! So glad I made the change now, and I have plenty of time to get them perfectly broken in. :) It's really quite amazing what a difference good shoes make.

Last night I invited my friend, Sarah, over for dinner. I made a mesquite BBQ pork tenderloin, sweet potato fries, and steamed broccoli. I thought it was delicious... and Sarah seemed to share my sentiments, which is always good! It was so good, in fact, that I'm recreating the meal tonight via leftovers... but substituting roasted cauliflower for broccoli (because we ate it all!).

Happy Monday, y'all! Hope it was great!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you're an amazing cook. I really need to jump on that band wagon. Do you just cookbooks or did you take a cooking class? Congrats on your new shoes! I know how that can be amazing. I got blisters in the middle of a run...2 more miles to go, so I just hobbled for a mile...last mile, I took them off...it was in the Texas Summer Heat, so when I got home I had to soak them b/c they were on fire! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... sometimes cookbooks, sometimes online recipes from Cooking Light.... most of the time I just make things up out of my head. If I don't post that the recipe is from another source it means it's something I concocted. Just a lot of trial and error...

    Yikes... that sounds like a horribly painful run! I haven't had blisters from running in forever (*knock on wood*) and I'm hoping it'll stay that way. Those are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to get chronic shin splints, and since I switched to my current tennis shoes about 6 months ago I haven't had any pain. It's amazing! You dinner sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete