Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Checkin' in...

Since it's the first day of February, I thought I'd check in on the status of my New Years Resolutions to keep myself accountable. Let's see how I'm doing:

1. Complete a half marathon.
-Well, I can't fully update you on my progress until May 1, race day. However, I can tell you that training has OFFICIALLY begun! I'm nervous, excited, and motivated at this point... so I'm feeling optimistic! (Okay, not gonna lie... I'm also scared shitless.)


2.  Keep in better touch with friends/family by calling them more often.
-Doing okay with this so far... work/training has been busy lately, but I'm trying. 
            **note to self: try HARDER.


3.  Save more money each month and become more financially knowledgeable/responsible.
-So far, so good! Eating out less, cooking more, shopping less! Apparently I need to open a Roth IRA (according to Turbo Tax). Any advice about this... anyone??


4. Drink more water.
-This has DEFINITELY been successful so far, as my bladder would complain. I'm drinking at least 64 ounces of water throughout the day and I've really noticed a difference. I'm feeling less snacky, my face WAS clearing up (until last night for some reason), and I feel like I have more energy... which may be a combination of factors.


5. Stop biting my nails.
-Well... I'm trying. This should NOT be my hardest resolution. Apparently people swear by HYPNOSIS! That will definitely not be the route I take.


6. Lose weight.
-5-6 pounds this month. I know this isn't much in the grand scheme of things but it's just enough to keep me motivated and optimistic. Not gonna lie, I could really use the $600 that's on the line. Even though there isn't a visible change, there's a mental one, and that's what matters! :)


I'd say I'm doing pretty well! I hadn't really thought about my progress until I started to look back on them today, but I think the key is that I set realistic, measurable goals! I chose resolutions that I knew I could stick with and I can see the progress that I'm making. This is why I didn't make a resolution to find a boyfriend, ha. :)

How are you doing with YOUR resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment