Saturday, February 19, 2011

Out with the old...


in with the NEW:


I went to Run On! today to be fitted for running shoes for the first time EVER. I was in dire need of some shoes that fit properly. My old shoes were too big and didn't provide the right support for my feet. I tried on/jogged around in several pairs and the Asics Gel-Nimbus were my top pick! I love how cushiony and supportive they feel! I can't wait to try them out on my run tomorrow! I honestly don't think I've ever been so excited about new shoes.

When I told the guy I spoke with at the register that I was training for the OKC Half Marathon, his response was, "Oh awesome! I've heard that's a GREAT race!" Yay! So excited!

6 comments:

  1. Those were the same ones that I got fitted for and I LOVE them!! They don't slip up and down on my heel like the nikes did. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, awesome! Thanks, Traci - that's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New running shoes are the best!! When is the OKC half? I have heard great things about that race too. I know you're going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The OKC Half is May 1... my first half ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Kristen. Happy Training...that's amazing that you're doin this. So, is it 12 miles? I've only been able to do 5K, so this is quite awesome! Glad you got some new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Laura! It's 13.1 miles...

    ReplyDelete